BBQ Chicken Tamale Casserole
Sweet BBQ Chicken Tenders
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing skillet
- 3 cups corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 (24-ounce) bag John Soules Foods Sweet BBQ Chicken, thawed
- 1/2 cup sweet barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped fine, or 1/2 cup packaged chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a large cast iron skillet with butter. Whisk corn muffin mix, sour cream, corn, egg and 2 tablespoons melted butter together in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into prepared skillet and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Top with a layer of chicken, barbecue sauce and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and chicken is fully heated through, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Top with onion and cilantro. Serve with sour cream and enjoy.
Tip: Packaged chopped red onions can usually be found in the produce aisle of your local grocer.