Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Rinse and clean mushrooms in water.
- Make a marinade for your Portobello Tops of ½ cup Olive Oil, 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce, ½ Cup of Dry Sherry, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper.
- Coat Portobello mushrooms well in marinade making sure to spoon marinade inside the top.
- Set aside.
- Place all of the thawed John Soules Foods Beef Steak out onto your cutting board, and mince it up into ¼ inch cubes or so, if they are too big they get messy as the stuffing.
- Place marinated Portobello mushrooms on a baking sheet and bake in oven at 425°F for 10 minutes.
- Heat butter and sauté celery and onions, as they start to get glassy, add diced mushrooms.
- Add 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Until they start to reduce.
- Then add the John Soules Foods Beef Steak.
- Stir Well and pour in the rest of the Dry Sherry to deglaze/steam.
- Cook only until liquid has reduced and beef is warmed throughout.
- Remove from heat.
- Fill your mushrooms on the baking sheet with the stuffing mix, to about level with the mushroom top.
- Depending upon your size of mushrooms, you might have extra, which is great on bread!
- Cover the top of each mushroom with 1 oz of crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese.
- Pop back in the oven under broil for another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and turning golden.