Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Make this first as you will be using some to finish with the chicken.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Slowly add ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, whisking until emulsified.
- Add the crumbled blue cheese and give it another easy whisk to mix the cheese evenly.
- Set aside.
- In a large saucepan on Medium heat, warm 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil, then add the chopped Prosciutto.
- Stir the Proscuitto well to separate all the pieces from each other and to keep from sticking.
- Tip: Using a couple forks to pull Proscuitto works well as it’s cooking.
- When the Prosciutto reaches a nice crisp, remove to a plate covered with a paper towel to drain and cool, leaving the oil in the saucepan.
- In the same saucepan used for the Prosciutto, add the Chicken Fajitas, then add ¼ cup white wine to deglaze the pan and steam the chicken warm.
- Steam the chicken with NO lid so the liquid evaporates.
- As the wine dries out and the chicken is warmed throughout, give a whisk to the dressing (which has probably settled and separated) and add about ¼ cup of it to the chicken.
- Stir well to make sure all the chicken is well coated.
- Simmer for about 1 minute to incorporate flavors and begin to melt the cheese.
- Pull from the heat to not overcook.
- Remove the core from the head of iceberg lettuce, chop it in half from top to bottom, and then each side chop again from top to bottom, into ⅓ pieces.
- Separate the six iceberg wedges to create lettuce bowls.
- Spoon chicken into the lettuce bowls.
- Using a slotted spoon, add blue cheese over chicken.
- Drizzle with more dressing to taste.
- Top with crispy Prosciutto, and serve with lemon wedges!
- Add freshly ground pepper to taste.