Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- First step, that morning or the night before place the bag of John Soules Foods Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Strips and Filo Pastry out of the freezer and transfer to the refrigerator.
- You want to work with thawed ingredients.
- Filo Pastry needs to be thawed completely throughout to the center before use.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Chop chicken strips and shred Swiss cheese.
- Melt butter in a medium hot, large skillet and whisk in flour slowly making a roux.
- Do not burn your flour, as it starts to foam and turn golden, add wine and lemon juice and whisk.
- Add cream, salt, pepper and whisk.
- Add chicken, add cheese, turn off heat.
- Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Do NOT fully melt cheese because it will be easier to work with.
- Pastry Glaze:
- In a mixing bowl whisk together your eggs, olive oil, and melted butter.
- Lightly moisten 2 kitchen towels.
- Place your full stack of Filo pastry upon one towel.
- Remove 1 sheet of Filo and place on cutting board.
- Cover the unused Filo with the 2nd moist towel so the Filo doesn’t dry and start cracking.
- Quickly paint the Filo with the glaze.
- No need to be perfect, just glaze.
- Don’t over soak, lightly paint to moisten, just covering the sheet.
- Lay another sheet directly on top of your first one, repeat with glaze.
- Repeat with a 3rd sheet. Repeat with a 4th sheet.
- Leaving about a 1 inch border, lay half of your ham slices onto the Filo until the bottom half of the Filo is covered.
- Spread half the chicken mixture all over the ham.
- Fold your borders on the bottom and sides over the filling, and roll from the bottom all the way up to the top of the Filo.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper leaving about 2 inches between roulades.
- Repeat the process one more time making a second roll.
- Cook at 375°F for 18 to 22 minutes.
- Watch them carefully and remove when golden in color.
- Place both rolls upon a serving tray, and slice rounds just before serving!