Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Pull the pizza dough from the refrigerator and come to room temperature while you make the sauce.
- Pre-heat oven to 500°F.
- Make Sauce:
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a medium high skillet and sauté the minced garlic.
- Add 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper.
- When the garlic has started to soften, add tomato purée, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and 1 tsp oregano.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add frozen John Soules Foods Chicken Fajitas, simmer about 5 minutes until chicken is just thawed and heated.
- Break apart chicken strips into smaller pieces with spoon, remove from heat and put sauce aside.
- Lightly dust cutting board with flour, place the pizza dough out and start forming a round crust.
- When it is close to complete, transfer it to a pizza pan and finish formation there.
- Paint what will be the crust ring with about 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Pour tomato and chicken sauce mixture in center of the dough.
- Spread sauce and chicken pieces evenly around the pizza.
- Add mozzarella, crumble feta cheese, sprinkle with another ½ tsp oregano.
- Place pizza in the oven for about 12 to 16 minutes until crust has turned golden brown.
- While the pizza cooking, make the vinaigrette for your arugula.
- Whisk together ¼ cup of olive oil, lemon juice, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- When the pizza is done and resting on the cutting board, quickly toss your arugula with just enough Vinaigrette to moisten the leaves, sprinkle the arugula all around pizza.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and perhaps a small side salad, enjoy!