Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and cut out the stem, then fill a baking sheet with them cut side up.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp salt and 2 tsp fresh cracked pepper all over the tomatoes.
- Top each tomato half with a sprinkle of fresh chopped garlic.
- Drizzle all with about 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Place baking sheet into the oven for about 20-25 minutes and roast until the tomatoes start to brown, wilt and fall.
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil and sauté the diced shallots and orange bell pepper with a ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper.
- As they simmer, chop the John Soules Foods Grilled Chicken into chunks about ¼ to ½ inch in size, the size you want in the soup.
- When the shallots and peppers begin to turn translucent, add ¼ cup red wine, and 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- Stir and simmer until wine is reduced by about half.
- Add the chopped chicken and simmer just until the chicken is warm, remove from the heat.
- When the tomatoes are roasted, pull from the oven and add the entire contents of the baking sheet to a blender or food processor, olive oil and garlic drippings, scrape everything from the baking sheet.
- Blend briefly if you want it a bit chunky, or longer if you want the soup smooth.
- Add the contents of the blender to the soup pot with the onions, peppers and chicken.
- Next add 2 Tbsp butter, 2 Tbsp sour cream, 1 tsp sugar, 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp lemon juice, and 2 Tbsp of fresh chopped basil, stir well.
- Let the whole pot simmer for about 5 minutes to incorporate the flavors and warm the chicken.
- Re-season with a little more salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste, you can even add a little cayenne pepper at this stage if you want it a touch spicy!
- Serve with a small dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh basil to garnish… Enjoy!