Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Prepare the Chicken:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, lime juice and ¼ cup of the coconut water.
- Add frozen John Soules Foods Chicken Fajitas and toss with the sauce.
- Set the chicken aside to marinade/thaw while you make the sauce.
- Make the Sauce:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: cilantro, cumin, cardamom, nutmeg, paprika, cayenne, and grated ginger.
- In a heavy, wide 4-quart pot or sauté pan over moderately high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until light brown and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then stir in the spice and ginger mixture.
- Add the rest of your ingredients: tomato purée, water, heavy cream, salt & pepper, and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to gently simmer the sauce, uncovered, until thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, cook the marinated chicken:
- Heat a heavy 11 to 12-inch griddle or skillet over moderately high heat and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Pour in your entire bowl of marinated chicken.
- Pour remaining ¼ cup of coconut water back into the bowl, rinse around the leftover sauce, and pour into cooking pan to help the chicken steam if it is still frozen.
- Cook just until tender, break up the larger pieces.
- Transfer the entire pan to the Sauce.
- Stir Well.
- Simmer to incorporate flavors for 5 minutes.
- For serving:
- Transfer to serving dish, top with a sprinkle of chopped Cilantro.
- Most fun to serve with Naan (Indian flatbread), but easy option is cooked Basmati Rice!