Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Preheat the oven to 350, making sure to have a medium rack, and a high rack.
- Roasted Pears:
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp honey, 2 Tbsp butter, 1 tsp brown sugar and ¼ tsp salt and ¼ to ½ tsp Cayenne pepper depending upon spicy preference.
- Add the pear slices and massage to coat well.
- Arrange well spread apart upon a baking sheet, then dust with freshly cracked black pepper, and bake in the oven on the medium high rack, for about 10 minutes turning them once so they cook evenly.
- They are done when just turning golden brown.
- Remove from the oven to cool.
- Spicy Almonds:
- In a medium skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter and add the almonds, 2 Tbsp of honey, and ½ tsp Cayenne pepper.
- Stir to coat well.
- Keep stirring as the sugar caramelizes and the almonds warm, about 5 min.
- Then move to the top rack of the oven and turn it up to broil to finish, about 3 minutes, watching them carefully so not to burn.
- When removed from the oven, scrape the almonds out of the skillet and onto a large plate to cool.
- Into a large skillet on medium, add 2 Tbsp Olive OIl to warm.
- When it is hot, add the Grilled Chicken, white wine, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon zest, and 1 Tbsp honey.
- Simmer and steam until the Chicken is warm.
- Pull from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add ¼ cup of olive oil, goat cheese, Balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon zest, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Whisk until creamy.
- Note: Blending all ingredients in a blender is easier and quicker for the dressing.
- This salad looks much more impressive individually plated, but of course it can be tossed in a big bowl too.
- To individually plate, put down a nice layer of the greens, then a layer of Chicken, then fan the roasted pears, spicy almonds, dried cranberries, and drizzle with the dressing.
- Top with a sprinkle of goat cheese crumbles and fresh basil.