Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wrap 3 stacks of 4 Corn Tortillas, in foil and place in the oven to warm.
- Note: If you heat tortillas all in one stack, they heat unevenly, the middle will be cold and the outside overdone
- Warm for about 15-20 minutes.
- This is about as long as the dish takes to make so they should be perfect.
- Start with the Salsa prep so you can pop it in the refrigerator to stay cool and crisp.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 Tbsp olive oil, rice vinegar, 1 Tbsp lime juice, brown sugar, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and whisk together well.
- Add chopped Jalapeño chile, chopped Fresno chile, chopped cilantro, and whisk again to spread the jalapeño seeds and cilantro evenly throughout.
- Next add the red bell pepper and purple onion, and with a spatula fold everything together well.
- Finally, add the bananas and fold together until well distributed making sure not to over mix and beat-up the bananas.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, warm 2 Tbsp of olive oil, then add the minced Chipotle peppers, the Chipotle molé, tomatoes, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and 1 Tbsp lime juice.
- Stir well and begin to simmer.
- As soon as the mixture is bubbling, add the Chicken Fajitas, and the ¼ cup of brown ale.
- Simmer uncovered to cook off liquid for about 5 minutes until the chicken is warm.
- While that simmers, start getting the toppings together.
- Slice the Jicama into ¼ inch thin strips, and set aside for toppings.
- Crumble the Queso Fresco and set aside for toppings.
- Chop some more Cilantro and set aside for toppings.
- When the chicken is done - set-up the Taco Bar!
- More fun to have everyone make their own!
- To plate the perfect taco, fill the bottom ⅓ of a corn tortilla with chicken, sprinkle lightly with Queso Fresco to melt, no need to load it up
- Next, add a layer of crunchy jicama slices, then top the whole thing with banana salsa.
- Enjoy, things are about to get spicy!