Classic Chicken Waffle Taco
- 16 ounces, Soules Kitchen Lightly Breaded Chicken Breast Chunks, frozen
- 8 frozen waffles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place chicken in even layer on rimmed baking sheet. Bake, flipping halfway through, until fully heated through, about about 12 to 14 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, toast waffles in batches. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Whisk eggs, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Add eggs to skillet and scramble until just set, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Bend waffles in half and fill with eggs and chicken. Top with cheddar cheese and chives. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, or on the side and enjoy.
Tip: Substitute ranch dressing or hot honey for the maple syrup for a savory dish.
Tip: To form taco shells, defrost waffles and bend over a tinfoil log on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Allow to cool fully before turning shells right side up.