Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and clean the insides.
- Place butternut squash on baking sheet with cut side up.
- Drizzle the cut open squash with olive oil and massage oil over entire open area.
- Sprinkle opened squash with ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, and ½ tsp cinnamon.
- Place baking sheet on medium low rack in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until just fork tender.
- While it is baking…
- Prepare the vegetables and chop the John Soules Foods Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken into medium bite size chunks.
- In a large skillet on Medium, melt butter with the sage leaves.
- Wait until the butter just starts to turn a nice light brown, then add the diced onion, minced garlic, diced celery, and diced carrot.
- Simmer until onion just starts to turn translucent, remove sage leaves.
- Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper and continue to simmer just until they start to reduce.
- Add red wine and bring back to a simmer.
- When simmering, add the chopped John Soules Foods Rotisserie Chicken, frozen cranberries, and ¼ tsp cinnamon.
- Fold everything together and remove from the heat.
- When the butternut squash is just fork tender, remove from the oven.
- Scoop about ½ the squash out of the middle of both halves leaving about ½” to 1” edge for squash bowl, chop, and fold into the vegetable/meat mixture.
- Add the stuffing to the squash boats, and return to the squash to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Pull from the oven and let rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes.
- Slice across the width into 2 inch portions, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garnish with extra sage leaves and serve!