Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- This is essentially every component of a classic steak dinner all on one toasted bread slice.
- Roasted Garlic for Potatoes:
- Chop off the top off the head of garlic and place on a sheet of foil over the opened top of garlic add 1 tsp olive oil, ¼ tsp salt, olive oil.
- Wrap the garlic in foil and bake at 450 for 35-40 minutes.
- Red Wine Reduction:
- Sauté minced shallot and minced 2 cloves of garlic in 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- As they start to turn translucent, add ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper and the sprig of thyme, then add the 1 cup of dry red wine.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes to reduce liquid by half.
- Sauté chopped white onion and 2 cloves of chopped garlic in 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- When the onions and garlic begin to turn translucent, add ½ tsp nutmeg, ¼ cup cream (or water) to steam, then add 8 oz of spinach leaves.
- Steam for 2-3 minutes only, just until the spinach wilts and is bright green.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add 2 Tbsp olive oil, add the John Soules Foods Beef Steak, next pour about ⅓ of the red wine reduction to heat and steam the meat up to temperature.
- Shred potatoes and squeeze dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Add the roasted garlic, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper.
- Toss ingredients well, then shape into potato pancakes Sauté in skillet until golden brown in butter or olive oil.
- Slice the sourdough bread into toast sized ovals and arrange baking sheet on one layer
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place baking sheet into the broiler on a high rack for 2-3 minutes until nicely toasted.
- To Serving Platter!
- Start with a layer of toasted bread, top with a piece of potato pancake, cover potato with sautéd spinach, then red wine cooked steak, repeat until all steak is used.
- Drizzle leftover red wine reduction all over the entire platter of steak bites.
- ** For Quicker Version:
- Replace entire potato pancake ingredients and instructions with red pepper hummus.
- Easy, tastes great and saves a lot of time.