Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- First prep ingredients dicing shallot, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper.
- Chop the John Soules Foods Chicken Fajitas into small ¼” pieces.
- Prepare your Cranberry Salsa because you want the fritter served hot!
- In a food processor, simply add all of the ingredients and purée Salsa.
- Can be done in a mixing bowl with an immersion blender also.
- Set into the refrigerator to chill and macerate until plating.
- Place kernel corn in a large mixing bowl and slightly crush with a potato masher or wooden spoon.
- Stir in chicken, eggs, half & half, and melted butter.
- In another mixing bowl, combine Gluten-Free flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and mix well with a fork.
- Next, combine flour mixture into the chicken and corn mixture and mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 inches of oil on high heat, 375 degrees is optimum.
- Scoop a mounded ¼ cup of fritter mix, and set into the oil.
- Repeat for about 5 more, you don’t want your oil pan too crowded.
- Fry for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted ladle and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Plate fritters with a dollop of spicy Cranberry Crema, plus extra Crema in dipping bowls!!