Greek Chicken Gyro
with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1-16oz Bag John Soules Foods Rotisserie Chicken Strips
- 1 Cucumber
- 1.5 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Dill Leaves
- 1 Container (8 oz) Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp of Lemon Juice (Approximately 1 Lemon)
- 3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Cups Shredded Romaine Lettuce (Approximately 1 head of lettuce)
- 1 Medium Red Onion, sliced
- 1 Diced Tomato
- 1 Package Pita Bread
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
Note: Packaged minced garlic, chopped onions, and diced tomatoes can usually be found in the
produce section of your local grocer.
- Mix together ½ cucumber (diced), minced garlic, olive oil, dill, yogurt, half of the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat and add John Soules Foods Rotisserie Chicken Strips, lemon juice, and 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar.
- Pour in ¾ cup of the Tzatziki Sauce, stir, simmer until the chicken is tender (About 4-6 minutes).
- Fill or top your pita bread with your chicken and remaining Tzatziki sauce
- Top with shredded romaine lettuce, diced cucumber, diced tomato and diced red onion as desired.
Note: You can wrap the Pita in aluminum foil and warm in the oven before assembly if you prefer.
You May Also Like
Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Stuffed Shells