Lemon Garlic Chicken Zoodles
- 8 John Soules Foods Sweet & Spicy BBQ Chicken Strips, frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large yellow onions, thinly sliced, or 2 cups packaged sliced yellow onions
- 8 hot dog buns
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped, or 1/2 cup packaged chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup honey mustard
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place chicken in an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and flip chicken over. Bake for an additional 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden-brown and tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Top each bun with 1 chicken strip, cooked onions, cheddar and tomatoes. Drizzle with honey mustard and top with green onions.
Tip: Packaged sliced yellow onions and chopped tomatoes can usually be found in the produce aisle of your local grocer.
Tip: To make your own honey mustard, mix 1/3 cup yellow mustard, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper in a small bowl until combined.”
You May Also Like
Grilled Chicken Caprese Flatbread