Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Start cooking the brown rice first so that it is cooked by the time the meat is done.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, sauté the shallot and garlic in olive oil, add ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp lemon pepper.
- As they turn translucent, add 1 drained can of the green chilies and the capers.
- Next add the John Soules Foods Chicken Fajitas, white wine, lemon juice, and 1 Tbsp of chopped cilantro.
- Simmer the chicken for about 3-5 minutes until warm and the liquid has reduced.
- Pull from the heat.
- Mexican Rice:
- When the rice is cooked, add other can of drained green chilies, cilantro, diced tomatoes, smoked paprika, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp lemon pepper, stir well.
- Plate rice, spoon chicken on top, crumble Queso Fresco all over, then garnish with cilantro and lemon twist.