Mexican Chicken Skillet
Mac and Cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cup whole milk
- 4 cups shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- 8 ounces cooked elbow macaroni, about 4 cups
- 1 (6 ounces) tray John Soules Foods Chicken Fajitas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and cut into rounds
- Preheat oven to broil. Melt butter in large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 3 minutes. Whisk in flour, cumin and cayenne pepper until smooth, about 30 seconds. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in 3 1/2 cups cheese until smooth. Fold in macaroni and chicken until combined.
- Top with remaining cheese and broil until golden-brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and jalapeno. Serve and enjoy.