Mongolian-Style Beef Lettuce Cups
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) tray John Soules Foods Steak Strips, refrigerated
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/8-inch matchsticks, or 1 cup packaged matchstick carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin, or 1 cup packaged sliced red bell pepper
- 1 head bibb lettuce, leaves removed
- Cooked basmati or jasmine rice, for serving
- Whisk water, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch together in small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add carrots, bell pepper and soy sauce mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fill each lettuce leaf with steak mixture and serve with rice.
Tip: Pre-sliced peppers and matchstick carrot can usually be found in the produce aisle of your local grocer.
You May Also Like
General Tso Chicken Salad