One-Pan Southwest Blackened Cajun Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced, or 1 cup packaged sliced yellow onions
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced, or 2 cups packaged sliced bell peppers
- 12 ounces John Soules Foods Blackened Chicken, refrigerated
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Southwest seasoning mix
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- 4 cups cooked yellow rice
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in chicken, corn, black beans and Southwest seasoning and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until fully heated through.
- Top with green onions and serve over rice.
Tip: Packaged sliced onions and bell peppers can usually be found in the produce aisle of your local grocer.