Oven Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (8-ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 (8-ounce) trays John Soules Foods Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast, refrigerated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add carrots, celery and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, bay leaves and thyme, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in noodles and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add chicken and cook until fully heated through, about 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with parsley and serve.
Tip: Pre-chopped onions can usually be found in the produce aisle of your local grocer.
You May Also Like
Creamy Ranch Chicken Alfredo