Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven.
- Add the bacon and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove the bacon to a plate to rest.
- Add the carrots, onions, 1 tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper to the pan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are lightly browned.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter, the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes.
- When the carrots are soft...
- Add the Brandy, bacon, wine, chicken stock, pearl onions and thyme and bring to a simmer.
- Leave the lid OFF to reduce the liquid about an inch down the pot, about 10 minutes.
- Mash 1 Tbsp butter and the flour together and stir into the stew.
- Add frozen John Soules Foods Rotisserie Chicken Strips.
- Bring the stew to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes.
- You DON’T want to overcook the chicken, chicken is already fully cooked.
- Extra season to taste.
- Dutch Oven goes right to the table!
- Serve hot with Mashed potatoes.