Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ¼ cup olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary, shallot and whisk to blend and emulsify.
- Add the beets and potatoes and toss to coat well.
- Pour the entire bowl onto a baking sheet, and spread everything evenly.
- Set the bowl aside without cleaning it, use for the vinaigrette.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss ingredients with a spatula to unstick from baking sheet and let everything cook more evenly.
- Place back into the oven for another 5 minutes or so until done.
- Using the bowl you used for the beets and potatoes, add champagne vinegar, ¼ salt, ¼ pepper, sugar, and the mustards.
- . Whisk until well blended, then slowly stream in the remaining ¾ cup of olive oil while you continue to whisk until emulsified and smooth.
- In a large skillet on medium, warm 4 Tbspof the mustard vinaigrette, then add the Beef and a ¼ cup of water.
- Steam until the beef is warm and remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the roasted beets, potatoes, one handful of arugula, the beef, with about ½ the mustard dressing and toss to coat everything well.
- Time to plate!
- Lay a bed of arugula, top with the root vegetables and beef mix, and garnish with a few sprigs of arugula.
- Spoon some additional dressing around the salad edges of the plate to taste.
- This is not intended to be a super “leafy” salad, the arugula is for some fresh spicy notes and color, the beef and root vegetables are the hero for this dish.