Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Trim green tops from beets; cut off stems and discard, reserving greens.
- Gently wash and drain.
- Then loosely chop into generous salad sized bites.
- Trim the skin off the beets, and cut into ½ inch cubes.
- In a baking sheet toss them with 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Cover baking sheet with foil, and bake until beets are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Pull from oven and let rest covered.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, warm 2 Tbsp olive oil and sauté the minced garlic until turning translucent.
- Add ¼ tsp Salt and ¼ tsp Pepper, the Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and chopped rosemary.
- Stir well and then add the Beef Fajitas, and ½ the Red Wine.
- Let simmer and steam for about 2 minutes, then add the rest of the Red Wine and top with the Beet Greens.
- Sauté until the greens have just wilted but are still bright and vibrant with color.
- Remove from heat.
- While all that is simmering, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk the crème fraîche, horseradish, lemon juice, and minced shallot.
- Add beets and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with any additional salt and pepper.
- That’s it!