Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Rise the Asparagus and snap off the rough root bottoms.
- In a large ziplock bag or shakeable tupperware container with lid, add the olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, Balsamic reduction, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Whisk to mix ingredients for the marinade.
- Add the asparagus to marinade, seal container and mix all ingredients to coat the asparagus.
- No need to SHAKE it hard, that will just beat up the asparagus.
- Let sit to marinate while you move to prepare the garlic and shallot.
- Heat a large skillet on high.
- When it comes up to temperature (you can tell when you flick water on it and it sizzles) using tongs sear your asparagus, rolling it around from time to time for even grilling marks.
- You don’t want too much marinade on the pan or you won’t get those good sear marks.
- While the asparagus gets started sizzling, heat another large skillet on medium and add 3 Tbsp of the asparagus marinade to the pan.
- Add the shallots to simmer for about a minute, then add the garlic and simmer all until starting to turn translucent.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the Beef Fajitas.
- Add about ¼ cup of water (white wine is good too), to steam the beef warm.
- As the Asparagus turns bright green with good grill marks, it is ready to finish . Don’t want to overcook it.
- Per your taste, add another Tbsp or two of the marinade to the asparagus to season it, not to soak it - but just to re-dress it to taste.
- Pull from the skillet with tongs directly to plates or serving platter.
- The beef should be done about this same time.
- Also using the tongs, remove the beef from the skillet and place directly on top of the asparagus.