Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Boil salted water for pasta noodles if that is what you are using the sauce for.
- Prepare your ingredients by mince garlic, dice onion, chop basil, and mince thawed Beef Steak into small crumbles or larger pieces if you prefer bigger steak chunks.
- In a large skillet or pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil, then add onions and simmer for a about a minute before adding garlic.
- Continue simmering until the onions turn translucent.
- Add San Marzano tomatoes into pot and purée briefly with immersion blender.
- Only blend enough to break up the whole tomatoes.
- Note: Tomatoes can be blended in a blender first and then added into the pot.
- Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, ½ tsp oregano, red wine, and tomato paste, stirring well to blend everything together.
- Stir and simmer well for about 5 minutes, reducing the sauce.
- Add the minced Beef Steak and fresh chopped basil.
- Stir well and let simmer for another 2 minutes or so to incorporate flavors and warm the beef.
- The whole process should be complete in about the same time it takes to boil water and cook pasta
- And that is it! Fresh, healthy and kid approved!