Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- In a large saucepan or stockpot heat olive oil, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, and 1 Tbsp Chili Powder.
- Add diced onions and minced garlic, sauté until translucent.
- In colander, rinse and drain all 3 cans of beans, pinto, kidney and white kidney.
- Add beans to the stockpot with Brown Ale, diced green chilies, and brown sugar.
- Re-season this bean layer with 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp ground pepper, and 1 Tbsp chili powder.
- Simmer on Med-Low heat for 15 minutes to tenderize and steam the beans in the beer, and reduce liquid.
- Add fire roasted diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and chopped cilantro.
- Re-Season this layer with 1 tsp salt and 1 Tbsp chili powder.
- Simmer on Med-Low for 5 minutes to reduce liquid.
- Stir and make sure the bottom isn’t sticking.
- Taste, re-season if necessary to taste.
- Add frozen John Soules Foods Beef Fajitas.
- Simmer on Med-Low for 5 minutes until Steak is warmed and soft.
- Break beef into smaller pieces with stirring utensil.
- Do NOT overcook, beef is already fully cooked.
- Remove Chili from heat and let rest.
- Make sides of:
- Chopped Cilantro
- Sour Cream
- Grated Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Hot Sauce
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!
- BONUS OPTION:
- For those who love spice… when adding the beans to the recipe, try adding some minced Chipotle or even just the sauce from the can.
- Spicy and Smokey!