Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Begin to boil water for your poached eggs.
- Add rice (or white) vinegar to the water, it will help your egg whites keep together.
- Rinse the Asparagus and cut off the bottom 1/3, the remaining tops should be a little longer than the English muffins.
- Make the marinade in a bowl with Lemon Olive Oil, Salt, and Lemon Pepper.
- Coat & massage the asparagus tops, set aside.
- Bring skillet to Med/High heat, add asparagus tops and begin to simmer.
- To make the Hollandaise sauce, gently melt one stick of unsalted butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk together until velvety and double in volume, 4 egg yolks and lemon juice.
- Transfer egg mix to a double boiler or a saucepan over a second saucepan with water to steam, making sure the water itself does NOT touch the bottom of the saucepan on top.
- Barely simmering water is best.
- Begin to stir egg mix in the double boiler.
- Continue to constantly whisk semi-rapidly.
- Do NOT let the eggs get too hot or you’ll get scrambled eggs!
- Slowly drizzle in the melted butter, whisking, until the sauce is thick, velvety, and double in volume.
- It should look glossy.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add frozen John Soules Foods Beef Steak to the asparagus, place a lid over it to steam the steak warm.
- Back to the Hollandaise sauce, with a microplane, zest in your Habanero.
- One half to whole pepper depending upon preference.
- (I zest it down to the top and bigger bits of skin, about ¾ of a pepper).
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Stir and set aside, if it cools down too much, you can “reactivate it” with stirring in a touch of hot water.
- Prepare the poached eggs.
- Swirl your boiling water, and crack your eggs nice and low, right into the vortex, this will help keep them from spreading out too much.
- Boil 3 minutes for slightly liquid yolks.
- Less 30 seconds for more liquidy yolks or plus 30 seconds for soft boiled.
- With a slotted ladle remove your poached eggs onto a plate with paper towels to dry.
- Lightly butter and toast the English muffins.
- Layer ingredients on a serving plate.
- English muffin, asparagus tops, beef, poached egg, drizzle Hollandaise sauce, and sprinkle a touch of chopped parsley on top.
- Mmmmmm…. Mimosa time!