Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- In a large pan on medium, sauté the onion and minced garlic cloves in 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil until they start to turn translucent.
- Add the Cilantro, Mint, Orange Zest, Orange Juice, Lime Juice, Oregano, Cumin, Salt & Pepper, then stir well, and add the JSF Beef Steak plus ¼ cup water.
- Let simmer for about 4-5 minutes - just until the steak is warm.
- Pull from the heat.
- While the Beef is simmering, heat another large pan, griddle or panini press.
- Add the ham slices to the griddle and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until browned in spots - about 1 minute.
- Transfer the ham to the top of the Steak in the other pan to keep warm and share juices.
- Generously butter the cut sides of each baguette and toast on the griddle over mod- erate heat until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the baguettes to a work surface and generously brush the cut sides with mustard.
- Layer the ham, Jsf Beef, Swiss cheese and pickles on the baguette and close the sandwiches.
- Generously brush the outside of the sandwiches with butter and set them on the hot pan, griddle or press; if using a pan or griddle, top the sandwiches with a large baking sheet and weigh it down with heavy cans or a cast-iron skillet.
- Cook the sandwiches over moderate heat until they’re browned and crisp on the outside and the cheese is melted - about 3 minutes per side on a griddle or 3 minutes total in a press.
- Serve with an ice cold beer or mojito!