Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large (10 to 12 inch) skillet.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes over medium-low heat, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the sausage and cook over medium-low heat, breaking it up with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with the hottest tap water.
- Add the noodles and allow them to sit in the water for 20 minutes.
- Drain when ready.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, the basil, 1 tsp of the salt, and ½ tsp pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 15 minutes until thickened.
- Add the John Soules Foods Beef Steak and continue to simmer for another 2-3 minutes just to warm beef and incorporate flavors.
- Pull from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, 1 cup of Parmesan, egg, the remaining 2 Tbsp of parsley, remaining ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Set aside.
- Ladle ⅓ of the sauce into a 9 x 12 rectangular baking dish, spreading the sauce over the bottom of the dish.
- Then add the layers as follows: half the pasta, half the mozzarella, half the ricotta, and one third of the sauce.
- Add the rest of the pasta, mozzarella, ricotta, and finally, sauce.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup of Parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve Family Style!