Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cube the Japanese Eggplant and spread on a baking sheet.
- Pour 2 Tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and ¼ tsp cayenne pepper and toss well.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Pull from the oven and with a spatula, free the eggplant if it is sticking, toss/flip over, and put back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes until the eggplant starts to caramelize.
- Smaller cubes cook faster than larger cubes, watch carefully not to burn.
- Remove from oven to cool.
- In a small skillet on medium heat, toast the pine nuts in a pinch of salt for about 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil, add the purple onion slices and simmer until starting to turn translucent.
- Then add the John Soules Foods Beef Fajitas, and ¼ cup of white wine, cover and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the cover and keep simmering for another 2-3 minutes to cook off some of the liquid and to finish warming the beef.
- Remove from the heat to cool.
- In a blender, add ½ cup Greek yogurt, ¼ cup olive oil, 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2 Tbsp white wine, 1 Tbsp sugar, ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, plus the zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- Blend smooth.
- Into a large salad bowl place your arugula and baby spinach mix, then the fresh chopped tomatoes, the roasted eggplant, the chopped sun dried tomatoes, and the pine nuts.
- Using a slotted spoon, add the cooked John Soules Foods Beef Fajitas and onions, being careful to leave as much liquid in the pan as you can.
- Crumble all the feta cheese, then drizzled over the entire salad with the lemon mint dressing to taste - toss well - and serve!