Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- In a saucepan, combine and warm your chicken broth and white wine.
- In a large pot on medium heat, melt butter, add the shallots and garlic with 1 tsp of salt.
- Sauté until translucent.
- Add rice to large pot, stir and coat with the butter, shallot, and garlic.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes until the grains get translucent around the edges, do NOT brown the rice or onions.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add enough of the warm stock to JUST cover all the rice.
- Stir the pan often until the liquid is absorbed. Before the bottom goes dry, add another layer of the broth to again JUST cover all the rice.
- Repeat until all the stock is in the rice.
- When the final batch of stock is about ½ absorbed, add the sun dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers to the rice and stir.
- When the stock is “mostly” absorbed (about ¾), add frozen John Soules Foods Beef Steak.
- The cold beef is going to drop the heat in the Risotto, you may need to bring up the heat a bit to compensate.
- BUT… you really just want to WARM the beef, NOT cook it, it’s already fully cooked.
- Zest a full lemon into the pot. Then squeeze and add the juice of ½ the lemon.
- Stir until liquid is gone and incorporated until you have a nice creamy texture.
- Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Taste, re-salt and pepper if necessary.
- Recommend ½ tsp salt and a dusting of freshly ground pepper all over the top.
- Stir enough to mix “good enough” without overworking it.
- Plate a nice tall scoop of Risotto, sprinkle with a bit more Parmesan and a touch of Italian Parsley.
- Grab a glass of vino…