Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Start the Jasmine Rice.
- Into a large skillet on medium heat, warm the coconut oil and sauté the garlic for about a minute.
- Add the scallions, Thai chile, ginger, lemongrass and soy sauce, then sauté until the onions start to soften.
- Add the rice vinegar, chicken broth, lime juice and zest, plus the Thai red chili sauce.
- Stir and let everything simmer together for about 5 minutes reducing the liquid by about half.
- Add the John Soules Foods Grilled Chicken and simmer for about 2-3 minutes to thaw.
- Then add ¼ cup of chopped cilantro and 1 Tbsp of cornstarch.
- Stir well and simmer for another 2-3 minutes until the chicken is warm and you can break up the larger chunks with your stirring utensil.
- Pull from heat and remove the stalks of lemongrass.
- About this time, the rice should be done.
- Add in the other ¼ cup of chopped cilantro and give it a good fluff.
- Plate the rice, scoop some chicken on top, garnish with some more fresh chopped cilantro, lime wedges and perhaps some Sriracha for extra heat!