Let’s Make It!
Watch Us Make It!
- Prepare marinade for vegetables with ½ cup olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp cayenne pepper, and 1 Tbsp Lemon juice.
- Slice the bell pepper, shallot and Zucchini, place in marinade and toss well.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add all of the vegetables and marinade and bring to a simmer.
- Add ¼ cup Rosé Wine to help steam.
- When the bell pepper and Zucchini start to soften and be tender, remove from the heat to cool.
- Making spicy pecans are super easy.
- In a small skillet, heat 2 Tbsp of canola oil on medium heat, add in the pecans, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp cayenne pepper, and 2 Tbsp honey.
- Stir well to melt honey and warm the pecans.
- When warm, place skillet into the broiler on a high rack for 2-3 minutes until the pecans start to brown, being careful not to burn them, it is really easy!
- Pull from oven, and while hot, scrape the pecans and melted honey sugars onto a wide plate, and spread out the pecans to cool.
- Prepare the raw vegetables; dice cherry tomatoes, avocado chunks, chop fresh basil, and rinse mixed greens.
- Set aside.
- Salad Dressing is next.
- In a blender put 1 cup olive oil, 4 oz of the feta cheese, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp rosé wine, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp lemon pepper, ½ tsp oregano, and 1 shallot, blend smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, warm 1 tbsp canola oil, then add the John Soules Foods Grilled Chicken and ⅓ of the salad dressing.
- Cover and simmer the chicken.
- When the chicken is warm and the dressing has reduced to slightly thicken, remove chicken from heat.
- Chop your cooled cooked steamed vegetables into cubes.
- Put the rinsed and drained spring mix into a large salad bowl.
- Add a layer of the chopped cooked steamed vegetables, then the chicken, then the chopped tomatoes and avocado, then the chopped fresh basil and the spicy pecans.
- Add more salad dressing to taste, toss and serve!