• Under guidance of supervisor, develop social media plans based on business goals and communications strategy
• Closely work with internal stakeholders to execute strategies, campaigns and projects
• Help define and execute paid and organic social campaigns
• Reporting and measurement of campaign success to continuously improve activities
• Support advancement of social media activities at events
• Work with internal teams to continuously evolve and grow social media programs
• Continually provide innovative ideas in utilizing latest social media features
• Develop and maintain an engaging content calendar across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
• Assist in the execution and administration of email campaigns and other external communications and contribute to list-building strategy and email optimization.
• Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, e-mail, mobile app, etc.).
• Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies.
• Demonstrate a high level of ownership and ability to work independently with minimal direction.
• Collaborate with internal teams to create cohesive campaigns across digital and social.
• Identify trends and insights and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends.
• Leverage existing, add new and excite/entice all social followers into sharing the brand and ultimately increase site conversions.
• Build process and lead the outreach to influencers, cross-brand promotions / giveaways and other guerilla marketing social tactics to add fuel to our growth.
• Design, develop and implement social media and web content strategy, coordinating with supervisor to ensure effectiveness in meeting business goals
• Serve as an integral member of internal teams, integrating social media strategy with public relations, web design, content development, and events
• Manage and implement social media campaigns and day-to-day activities, including online advocacy, copy-writing, post scheduling, and engagement
• Monitor analytics and benchmarks to measure the impact of social media programs
• Review and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results
• Regularly report insights gained from social media monitoring to assist in evolving strategies in a timely fashion
• Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications and encourage innovation
• Together with supervisor, monitor the client business environment, be aware of market changes and developments, and incorporate as needed into social plans and strategies
• Maintain website with current relevant information through WordPress.
• Maintain and update quarterly Store Locator database and website.
• Write copy for ads, sales sheets, press releases, etc.
• Maintain master marketing spreadsheet database.
• Create and prepare PowerPoint slides for Marketing/Sales Presentations.
• Coordinate marketing promotional events.
• Organize & analyze sales data, recognizing relevant & insightful data points and create reports to reflect the information.
• Work efficiently within the Marketing team to support marketing, communications, content strategy, visibility, and strategies.
• Assist Marketing, Sales and Production teams with special projects as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Sr. Director of Marketing.
• Adhere to the policies of the company and promotes John Soules Foods in a positive manner to the public, as well as internal customers.
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Excellent understanding of organic and paid social media
• Ability to integrate social media activities into broader communication strategy and tactics
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, quick turn environment while demonstrating good judgment and calm under pressure and on tight deadlines
• Highly motivated team player
• Good prioritization and organizational skills
• Demonstrated breadth of digital marketing knowledge with a strategic view on how social media programs can support search optimization, reputation management, and inbound marketing programs as well as paid, earned, and owned media goals
• Active and professional personal presence in social media, with working knowledge of each network and its best practices as it applies to B2B marketing
• Strong background in creative and innovating thinking and execution, with demonstrated capability for storytelling, creative content creation, and persuasive messaging
• Solid computer skills, including MS Office, marketing software (Adobe Creative Suite & CRM) and applications (WordPress, Web analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
As a Social Media & Digital Marketing Specialist you will develop and manage John Soules Foods social media strategy and will establish best practices for all digital platforms. You will champion data driven insights to help improve customer engagement, retention, and loyalty. The ideal candidate is someone with extensive digital marketing experience who is obsessed with social media, customer engagement, data, and protect the John Soules Foods brand reputation and image across all media outlets. Reports directly for the Sr. Director of Marketing and numerous internal customers on projects as needed to enhance communications and grow sales.
• Exceptional communications skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Good analytical skills, with experience in developing metrics with graphs and charts to illustrate trends, etc.
• Strong math and analytical skills; ability to relate results to business objectives.
• Strong understanding of online marketing and paid social media marketing.
• Good interpersonal skills; able to interact and communicate with both consumers and varying levels of management within the company.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our brand for various types of content.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and thorough follow-through.
• Strong time management abilities, and able to work with little supervision.
• Must be flexible with the ability to multi-task and adjust to frequently changing priorities.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate problems when they arise.
• Must be able to receive constructive feedback from other team members and colleagues with an open mind.
• Willingness to learn things which are outside of your knowledge base.
• Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – specifically PowerPoint and Excel.
• Ability to work creatively within established brand guidelines.
• Ability to create high-quality, objective-driven marketing communications across multiple platforms including print, online/website, email, blog, social, and event/experience to support all internal teams.
• Knowledge of website management tools and content creation.
• Must have great customer service skills and experience. Must work well in a team.
• Proficiency in both Mac and PC environments preferred.
• Some out-of-town travel may be required.
Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in the marketing field with demonstrated knowledge of social media, marketing, communications, data analysis.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or other relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.